Left 4 Middle School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zombie Apocalypse = Marrying Early? XD

2 posters

Go down

Zombie Apocalypse = Marrying Early? XD Empty Zombie Apocalypse = Marrying Early? XD

Post  Zen Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:06 am

During my first days at l4ms (on devART) I noticed that some characters have kids/spouse as early as the age of 18-early twenties XD

I also got mindfudged when I realized that I unconsciously had my characters married at 19 & 23 (in their future versions) o___o then they spawned little infected children a year later XD

Now I realize what those zombie-survival guides say about zombies multiplying. Then again, folks here aren't zombies, but sick infected people :I

Your thoughts?
Zen
Zen

http://kanzenatsume.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Zombie Apocalypse = Marrying Early? XD Empty Re: Zombie Apocalypse = Marrying Early? XD

Post  CrimsonAngelofShadow Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:09 pm

I lol. Not much to say about it other than "SCREW BEING CANON! Who cares if Valve says the infected can't reproduce or be conscious and sane! lul".

As for "early marriage", it makes sense if you think about what kind of people Role Play in Left 4 Middle School. The members tend to range between preteens and twenties. And naturally, people tend to feel more comfortable making their OCs around their own age because they can more easily relate to their own characters that way X3

Think about it, how many OCs do you see around L4MS over the age of 30 or even 50, let alone, 80?

I myself use to make my characters either as old as I was (usually), any age younger than that, and never more than 2 or 3 years older than myself at the time~ eue (And then of course there were always at least one or two OCs that looked no older than 18 that were described as "unknown age" because of how cool we would think it is as we would giggle to ourselves knowing we really imagined that OC to be as old as the universe itself, lol).
Now a days however, I try to make more variety in my characters and avoid shying from making my characters older than 30. I have one OC (though I haven't submitted him in L4MS) named Ralf the Charger who's 83 years old. And then I have two non-L4D-related OC who are 37 and 33.

ANYWAY, in short, though of course I understand how "young marriage" can be "Oh my gosh, what the crap!?"-ish, but it's not too surprising to me here in a RP group such as L4MS.
CrimsonAngelofShadow
CrimsonAngelofShadow

Back to top Go down

Zombie Apocalypse = Marrying Early? XD Empty Re: Zombie Apocalypse = Marrying Early? XD

Post  CrimsonAngelofShadow Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:06 pm

WARNING: CHATTERING AHOY ALERT lol

That, and according to what I've heard, (Though I can't can't say whether the source was reliable since it was just a person who told me) Valve did officially state that "the reproductive organs are the first (or one of the first) things to stop functioning when infected".

And I agree when you say the infected are "not zombies" despite that the survivors themselves in the actual game actually do call them "zombies". Of course there is high debate about whether or not they actually do fit the definition of "zombie", and there is even one factor that people use to justify that they really are zombies which is the idea that "one of the ways people become zombies is by a zombie-virus".

Though it is true that the "Green Flu" causing the epidemic crisis in L4D is a virus and the general behavior of the infected in the game can very easily be described zombie-like, there are about 2 or three factors these people overlook.

For one thing, Zombies are reanimated corpses, meaning they started off dead. Of course a person can easily assume the virus killed off the victim before "reanimating" them, they forget that zombies dead. How the crap do you expect to kill something that's already dead with pistols, rifles? I can understand if you explode it to tiny pieces with bombs or burned it to ashes with fire, and MAYBE if you shoot its brains out, but normally real zombies don't feel pain and will still be coming after you even if you chopped it in half or more as its body parts will still attempt to pull themselves towards you.

Secondly, as I had mentioned, zombies don't feel pain. And for any of us that have played the games, we'd be aware of the infecteds' cries of pain when we hurt and kill them. With that in mind, it gives reason for us to believe they are indeed still alive as infected (until you kill them of course, lol).

thirdly, if you consider the nature of the virus itself on its victims, most people are killed off by it and stay dead while the unlucky possible half of the infected victims become "zombies". Also, if you've looked into the details, you'd know they described the infected randomly dying by themselves due to the virus. This means the virus in the game can't be a "zombie-virus" since it's not "giving them life". All victims who catch it are killed off by it in the end (if the survivors don't get them first).

Finally, Valve themselves stated in their game manual that the infected are, "living humans infected by rabies-like pathogens". Living humans

Okay, I'm done talking your brain to death. I'll shut up now ;XD
CrimsonAngelofShadow
CrimsonAngelofShadow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down