Left 4 Middle School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slush and More Slush

2 posters

Go down

Slush and More Slush Empty Slush and More Slush

Post  Me Versus You Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:11 am

Surely this couldn’t be the winter wonderland everyone dreamed to see. It wasn’t true.
“Winter never looked this ugly…” The words fell delicately and hushed from the cold, numbed lips of Reyna. It was in the dead middle of December, and the weather was anything but a dream. This obviously wasn’t the winter wonderland every six year old dreamed to see. It simply did not fit the picture. “Where’s the snow?” She whispered quietly while stomping on the ground. The surrounding park area was nothing but slush, mud, and ice. Look to the left? Slush. Look to the right? More slush.

“It’s nothing but muddy ice!”

The little girl squealed her frustration out. She wasn’t mad, oh no, she was over the top PISSED. It was early in the morning when she’d left to wander the park, and by this time it had to be at least past noon. Eight o’clock was when she had woken up and by God, she did not wake up early for this... this... CRAP. Oh, no. This six year old didn’t want snow, she DEMANDED snow, or at least wouldn’t leave without causing a scene.

Reyna took angered stomps through the thick and muddied ice. Her cheeks burned red with numbness and anger, her fingers were frozen to the tips. The bitter winds of December may have been frigidly cold, yet an anger built inside of Reyna Santiago. All of it, bubbling and burning inside of her. It had to be let out. Through rage, through a temper tantrum, through violence, through SOMETHING!

Her nostrils flared, cheeks burned, teeth grinded, and fist clenched. “It’s not fair!” She shouted violently to nobody in particular. She was aware she was in public, yet she hadn’t cared. She'd let out her anger and the whole world could see her if they wanted! Then, there it was. In the corner of her eye- The perfect ice hunk. It sat there, mocking her. Her brows furrowed in, she hadn’t hesitate to just storm her way over there and give that block of ice the strongest kick her short little legs could give it...With that, she missed and landed, face first, in a pile of muddy, watered down ice.

It’d taken her a moment to react. In fact, for the first couple seconds, she laid there, absorbing the embarrassment she felt. The young immune sat herself up and stared blankly at the park ground. She didn’t scream, nor did she throw a fit. She just sat there, like a hollow doll.

Finally it hit her: Emotion and Reaction. Her face burned with numbness, her knees scraped bloody and icy, and clothing soaked with a mud and water mixture. Warm, salty tears streamed down her blank face. She did nothing. By this point she’d caught the attention of the public eye… It was in her gut to run to the school and cry to her father. No- She'd stay. Reyna was tough as nails, and always would be. The young human just sat there in a puddle of slush, bloody and numb, tears streaming down like a river. It would flat out be unnatural to not take pity on her. Well, This was absolutely NOT the Winter Wonderland any child would dream of.
Me Versus You
Me Versus You

Back to top Go down

Slush and More Slush Empty Re: Slush and More Slush

Post  Luu_Nizzy11 Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:31 am

It was another slushy day at the local park, the young hunter hoped there would be some snow here- but alass there was but a little. He scoffed, and walked over to the playground sitting on a swing At home there was only mushy ice, and Luu was too busy with school stuff- though she felt bad she couldn't come with him. But mom insisted to go to park and maybe he might find a friend to play with, she always made everything into a mystery- an adventure and Nizzy wouldn't turn it down. He rode his bike here, it wasn't a long ride either- and it was easy considering the roads weren't busy.

Nizzy swung slightly in the swing, thinking about just riding his bike to one of his friends houses near by- to see if they wanted to play. But then he heard someone yell- it made him jolt, and turn around to see a young girl- throwing alittle tantrum of some kind..."Is she angry at the snow?" Nizzy thought it be kind of silly to be angry over alittle bit of- oh he was staring, its rude to stare at people.. He looked away, kicking his feet alittle.. Watching other people walking the park paths with their dogs or kids.
Luu_Nizzy11
Luu_Nizzy11

http://thelizangel.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Me Versus You Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:49 am

With every stranger's eye she'd lock contact with caused her to cringe. "Everybody's laughing..." Her embarrassment gradually began to morph with anger. By this point she just wanted all attention off of her immediately. Emotion had gotten the best of her, and she finally got the nerve to get up and start to walk away. Well, she was just about ready to go home and treat to her bloody knees before her eyes locked with a hunter dressed in green. It was a simple, innocent stare butt, boy did it make her ANGRY. Forget the scraps, stares, and water soaked into her trousers, mixed emotion, and bitter feel had controlled over it all.

The temperamental six year old stormed her way over to the presence of the older hunter. All anger shifted to him, nothing else. As she made her way over his eyes drifted away from her as if nothing happened, perhaps to even pretend she wasn’t there.

OH THAT WAS IT.

That small action was just enough to re-fuel her and get her started up all over again. She was always the one to make big deals over nothing, and she planned to take her anger out on him. Strangely enough this wasn't like her. Where was the sweet, rosy cheeked, little girl Julio had learned to love? Obviously not here. She finally stopped in front of the middle schooler spat out in the toughest voice she could possibly make, "What are you looking at?"

Despite her attempt to appear rough and tough she sounded no more intimidating than a mouse, vulnerable and all. She could've sworn she'd even seen him stifle a chuckle… “Oh- Never mind…” Her voice cracked with anger while she sighed in frustration. The human huffed irritably and surrendered to her acts of anger. Her lip pouted as she took a swing seat by the hunter, without another word.

Silence tensed up the atmosphere. After the first minute or so, it would be flat out bizarre if either one of them were to break the silence. The frigid winter wind that blew was the only sound to be heard. “I’m sorry for being mean, mister.” Reyna finally whispered in almost inaudible voice. After the quick apology, silence fell over the two again. She shifted in the rubber swing seat uncomfortably. There was no was she was to squeal another word, she’d made things bad enough as they were, the last thing she wanted to do is make them even worse.
Me Versus You
Me Versus You

Back to top Go down

Post  Luu_Nizzy11 Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:27 am

Nizzy chuckled as the young human girl tried to be all tough- she must've been 5-6, why was she her all by herself though? Nizzy saw no adults that could be her parents. Nizzy noted the girl sat herself in the wing next to him. Nizzy nodded to her apology mummbling "Its sokay...." He shrugged and swung more. The playground was becoming empty, and vacant. He should've just went to the school playground- it had more snow there. He looked over at the little human "Not much snow out today huh? I wanted to build a snow dragon...erm poopy" He kicked his feet at the slush. "Sorry- I didn't mean to stare....it was ruuuude" ....
Luu_Nizzy11
Luu_Nizzy11

Back to top Go down

Slush and More Slush Empty Re Slush and More Slush

Post  Me Versus You Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:57 am

After most of the park cleared up, confidence had built inside Reyna. She felt rather comfortable talking to the hunter now that the park had cleared up. There was something about him, or perhaps his tone of voice- Well whatever it was, it made her grow with guilt. Maybe if she hadn't left home today, he would be able to go along with his day, un-bothered and all. She sighed and kicked at the slush under her feet, which she could barely reach. Dang it, short legs sucked. She huffed irritably at the meaningless thought and shifted her position on the swing. "I've never seen snow. Like... Really snow. The fluffy kind... like on Frosty the Snowman. Back where I used to live with my Momma, it never snowed.... and I'm really sorry for being a doo-doo head earlier... I was just mad at the muddy ice... " She piped out the last part rather quickly. It was yet another pathetic apology but, dang it, it was all her six year old mind could came up with. "Umm.... Anyways, I'm Reyna. Reyna Santiago.... My name means queen in Spanish, did you know that?" She squeaked again, trying to sound less pathetic. The human stuck her hand out at Nizzy, at an attempt to greet him properly and more well mannered. Perhaps maybe a fresh start? The thought skipped across her mind, and her lips moved into a small smile. Nevertheless, she kept her numbed hand out for the hunter to shake. All negativity had surely left the her thoughts.
Me Versus You
Me Versus You

Back to top Go down

Post  Luu_Nizzy11 Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:27 am

Nizzy nodded his head in agreement "Yeah I'd be angry too- if this was my first time seeing snow, I would be angry". He turned to see the girls hand out stretched in a hand shaking gesture, he gently took her small cold hand and shook it slightly- letting a toothy smile appear on his pale face. " Its Nizzy Xepher, uh- nice to meet you- erm- Rayna?" He cleared his throat and tried again to pronouce it right- "Reyna- Sanitago? Sorry I'm not that good at prounocing thing peoples names" He flushed slightly "But its really nice to meet ya!- Are you here by yourself? do your parents know your out here?"
Luu_Nizzy11
Luu_Nizzy11

Back to top Go down

Post  Me Versus You Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:06 am

Her grip on the hunter's claws tightened firmly. She returned an equally joyous smile and let Nizzy's hand free. "Reyna Santiago. You got it right the second time, mister." She said laughing at his first attempt of pronunciation. Her cheeks froze to a bright pink hue as the wind brushed lightly against her yellow ribbon and loose strands of her ponytail.

Her smile stayed in one place as she replied to Nizzy with hints of idolization in her voice, "My mommy is dead. But, my dad knows I'm here. He's at our apartment. He's the middle school football coach, and he does stuff like coaching for football season." She continued while swinging herself back and forth. "His name is Julio, Julio Santiago... But I heard some people call him 'Gato.' He's twenty-three, and he's the best daddy in the world..." She rambled and bragged.

After she'd finished off the last of what she had to say, she sighed contently and kicked herself up off the swing. "I can show him to you if you want..." She offered while jumping in a puddle. "I never got your name, mister... What is it anyways?" Reyna asked while jumping in a puddle. Sure, this wasn't exactly fantasy snow, but the day was turning for the better.
Me Versus You
Me Versus You

Back to top Go down

Post  Luu_Nizzy11 Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Nizzy rolled his eyes, she didn't pay attention- he already said his name, oh well it wont hurt to repeat himself. "Its Nizzy-Xepher. And your name is hard to pronouce heh" He flexed his claws slightly, after Reyna released his hand- shes got a firm grip. Nizzy snapped his head up when he heard her fathers name "I know him- or heard about em, Our team fought his last season" He rubbed his head trying to remember more, but shrugged "Uh- probbly not a good idea to meet yer dad- I'mma strange and an infected. He might have a problem with that ya know? Don't worry about it." Nizzy got off the swing, stretching his arms, putting them behind his head.

"Its seems your pretty close with your dad- thats good. I'm sorry about your mom, I wouldn't ba happy loosing mine... but I don't have a father though" He kicked the slush "But I have an older sister- do you have any siblings?"
Luu_Nizzy11
Luu_Nizzy11

Back to top Go down

Post  Me Versus You Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:28 pm

This girl's attention span was as short as a gold fish. In one ear, out the other. Good thing too, she had been too busy thinking about other meaningless thoughts to see Nizzy roll his eyes. "It's okay, Nizzy. He's infected, and a hunter, like you!" The human uttered out. With one swift jump, she landed into a bigger puddle. Watered down mud splashed in the surrounding area as she stifled a giggle.

"I mean, sure my mom's gone but, it's alright now, because I'll always have my dad. " She replied, with no hints of hurt of emotion. When it came to emotional business, Reyna did everything in her power to show no emotion, and she managed to do so with ease. Serious conversations always flew right across her face, and she did best ignoring them. "I'm an only kid. Six years old, and I'll probably be an only kid for the rest of my life. If I could choose, though, then I'd want an older brother or sister." The last sentence she spoke was tensed and quiet. She may have been young, but she knew good and well there was no chance something like that would happen. Her body tensed up and she kicked a little bit at a miniature ice block floating in mud. The atmosphere grew awkward and silent. With nothing left to say, Reyna stood still with uneasy fists clenching up. "Well," She said after the silence became unbearable. "I guess I should get going, my daddy's probably worried." After she finished up, her head snapped away from Nizzy and she paced her way back to her apartment complex.
Me Versus You
Me Versus You

Back to top Go down

Post  Luu_Nizzy11 Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:07 am

Nizzy looked after the girl, his brain telling him he should walk her home. But she probably knows her way- but you must always think of the dangers of a little helpless six year old by herself. Nizzy jumped off the swing and took off after her. He spotted her leaving the parks parking lot and ran up next to the litte girl lightly huffing "uh- Why don't I walk you home? I would feel bad if something happened to you" He walked next to the girl.
Luu_Nizzy11
Luu_Nizzy11

Back to top Go down

Post  Me Versus You Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:29 am

A light wind kicked up by Reyna's side, and before she knew it, the hunter she had finished talking with minutes ago was by her right side, offering to walk her home. She rose an eyebrow, "You want to walk me home? My daddy's apartment isn't that far away, Mister Nizzy. And besides, you don't have too. This isn't my first time." The little girl shivered. By now, her bloodied knees stung more than before and she wanted to just run her way home. The wind made things no better; the more it blew the worse they felt. Blood trickled down her knees and stained the fabric of her capris. She wanted to run and snuggle under her bed's covers.

Reyna knew better, she'd stay and take her time walking home. If anything, it was nice knowing there was someone to accompany her on her trip home. It gave her a sense of safety and comfort. She gave the hunter a small smile, "Then again, it would be kinda cool. Then you can see how my home looks, and maybe one day, you and your sister can come over." she offered. Her steps slowed and her arms flung behind her head for a sense of more comfort. Her nose began to run and in speech, she'd sniffle between words. "It would be pretty cool." The human repeated. "What's it like having a sister? And what's her name?" She asked while drawing in a deep breath.
Me Versus You
Me Versus You

Back to top Go down

Post  Luu_Nizzy11 Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:46 am

"Heh I'm pretty shure your dad would feel abit better to know someone walked you home- he probably doesn't like it when you do that.. Well my mom doesn't like it when I go here by myself."
He noticed her knees, and winced "Hey we better hurry you home- those don't look so good" He took her small hand and quickened the pace. "My older sister- its Luu.. She's usually at college or work. Very busy- But thanks for the offer" He smiled down at her.
Luu_Nizzy11
Luu_Nizzy11

Back to top Go down

Post  Me Versus You Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:45 am

The hunter grasped her hand and quickly jerked her forward. Reyna stumbled forward as she was practically dragged the rest of the way to the apartment. Ignoring the fact that she had trouble keeping up with Nizzy, she continued livening up the conversation. "Luu? That's 'er name? I like her name. Luu sounds really nice. What's college? And how old is she?... And how old are you?" The human rambled the questions.

By the time she finish her series of questions, they were no more than a quarter of a mile away from the apartments. . Now, the wind was picking up more and more, making Reyna weak to the knees and cringe at the pain inflicted by the stronger winds. "Well, If you ever want, or if you and your sister aren't busy, feel free to come over... I don't think my daddy would mind." She finished the sentence quickly. "Anyways, I have to go clean up my knees and make some food. Thank you for taking me home, Nizzy. It was pretty cool, maybe we'll see each other again, on a better day..." She trailed off. "Well- Anyways, bye. I guess." The six year old kicked off her heels and sprinted the rest of the way.
Me Versus You
Me Versus You

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum