Left 4 Middle School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bruises, Bandaids, and Tetanus, OH MY!

2 posters

Go down

Bruises, Bandaids, and Tetanus, OH MY! Empty Bruises, Bandaids, and Tetanus, OH MY!

Post  Kat Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:28 am

It's a middle school...
A middle school filled with zombies, some even have special powers and with great power comes with great responsiblity. unfortunately a bunch of teenagers contain such abilities and with that said accidents happen....a lot.

Luckily nurse Gower and her trusty office are there to help.

Olive's office is an average size white room decorated with various things she finds useful for an injury. (which is every medical item known to man)

Her desk is small and located in the far corner next to the bathrooms. A few feet over is a rusy white cabnit filled with books and glass figurines. Near the left of the cabnit is a yellow curtain hiding two green plastic beds parallel to each other. Between the beds are trash cans, ya never know when a sick boomer is gonna waltz on in.

Across the room is a long counter with a rusty sink and above that is several wooden cupboards the same length. Inside is crammed with medical supplies labeled with each name of the item.

Stuffed animals litter the shelves just in case some of the more sensitive students need a little encouragement. Posters hang on just about every square inch of the boring white walls just to add a little color to the room. Her favorite is the one of a cute zombie kitten struggling on a tree branch.

If a child is hurt, they know where to go!!! >0<

Kat
Kat

Back to top Go down

Bruises, Bandaids, and Tetanus, OH MY! Empty Re: Bruises, Bandaids, and Tetanus, OH MY!

Post  EveryDayImShufflin Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:53 pm

Michael tenetavly followed her into her office. He couldn't help but notice the cute zombie kitten poster on the wall and felt himself in the same position. His eyes darted back to the nurse. "Okay..so what do you plan on doing?" He folded his hands behind his back and the right sleeve fell across his shoulder again.
EveryDayImShufflin
EveryDayImShufflin

Back to top Go down

Bruises, Bandaids, and Tetanus, OH MY! Empty Re: Bruises, Bandaids, and Tetanus, OH MY!

Post  Kat Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:04 am

“Well seeing that half your skin is degraded I’m gonna make a substitute skin to temporarily keep your bones in place until new skin grows over it. Just because we are zombies doesn’t mean we can’t heal ourselves, you probably weren’t doing the proper treatment for your injury and that’s why your skin refused to heal on its own. Parts of you that are completely starved of skin will need a stronger rubber substance so no more accidents happen.

Of course that’s one way, another would be finding a whole new body part and sew it on there.” Olive laughed while circling the little office pulling out various items including a large mixing bowl. Some of the bottles have strange long words written on them, a lot in another language.

He could recognize a couple: Vulcanization chemicals, Plasticizers, and a liquid pigment the same tint as his skin. “Will it hurt?” Again Olive giggled while measuring and mixing all the chemicals together.

“No, no, it doesn’t unless it’s a fresh open wound and by the looks of the long term damage on yours they aren’t new. I had the same procedure done to me when I was a little girl so don’t worry.”

She continued to stir the compound till it was a thick grey mush like putty. “Could you remove any clothing that is covering your ‘bald spots’ please.” Olive glided over to one of the green beds behind the yellow curtain, the container of slop in one hand and a scary looking tool in the other. Even she admits that she looks scary.
Kat
Kat

Back to top Go down

Post  EveryDayImShufflin Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:52 am

The young infected's face was reddened again. "Um....alright..." He uneasily removed himself of his oversized clothing, leaving him down to his undergarments. mikey was very shy about showing off his body-no surprise, his arm and leg are entirely bone-and felt very uncomfortable about the procedure. he felt glad that he wouldnt have to worry about his skeletal structure falling apart, but he felt uneasy. maybe this flaw of his is what made him feel special, out of the oridinary in a good way. it made him different from other common infected and it didnt seem to pay him any mind. he gathered up his courage and in a clear voice, without any affect of stuttering, said. "Wait, I don't think you should follow through with this Miss Nurse."
EveryDayImShufflin
EveryDayImShufflin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:02 am

Surprised Olive shot him a questioning look. “Are you sure?”
Kat
Kat

Back to top Go down

Post  EveryDayImShufflin Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:07 am

"Well, i kind of...like my bones...they just seem like a part of me that makes me different. i-in a good way of course. but do you think you can find a way for them to not fall apart every five minutes?" Mikey questioned the nurse with instant fear of rejection as his voice sort of trailed off on the last sentence.
EveryDayImShufflin
EveryDayImShufflin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:40 am

A thoughtful look was placed across Olive’s face before bursting into a wide grin. “Of course, this rubber compound works like glue so it should hold your bones for a while. Now come here.” She gestured over to one of the beds; he was definitely an interesting young man. Sure the whole bone thing was a bit reckless, anyone would realize that, but Olive couldn’t help admire him.

Ya don’t see people like that everyday anymore.

“Alrighty lets begin. All I’m gonna do is slather this around your joints and you should be all fixed.” She scooped up a lump onto her little utensil and roughly tore out Mikey’s arm in one swift motion, no pain, no warning, just a really sick crack.

With expert like skills Olive painted on the rubber compound in a thick layer on the end of the bone and then around his socket. The mixture had a strong chemical stench that burned both of their noses. Olive could see Mikey’s face scrunch up and she laughed. “Yeah it’s going to be like that for a few hours, luckily it doesn’t stick.” Once finished lathering on the compound Olive angled the bone more precisely before snapping it back into place; when the goo sticks is won’t let go so mistakes weren’t to be taken lightly.

She had done the same procedure to the same leg, ankles, wrists, etc. until each part was completely sealed and tightly put together.

“That should hold them for a while.” Stepping back to give him a little room Olive began to applaud her fine work, thoooough she probably shouldn’t tell him that this was her first time actually doing it on someone…
Kat
Kat

Back to top Go down

Post  EveryDayImShufflin Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:20 pm

When she finished the procedure, Michael tryed to work some of the joints on his skeletal arm and leg. they seemingly worked better than they had before, more fluidly somehow. definitely not like whenthey first got that way when they would always crack and his hand would fall off every other second. that ALWAYS scared his mom. "Thank you." For the first time that day, he smiled at the nurse.
EveryDayImShufflin
EveryDayImShufflin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:31 pm

He smiled, that shocked Olive. He had been so closed up and timid that she hadn’t expected him to open up that quickly. “Not a problem, it’s my job.” She replied happily and handed him his clothing. That smile was stuck on his face. It looked really good on him, especially with his kind nature. While he was redressing himself Olive scooted around to her desk out of habit, pulling out a rather large jar of colorful sweets. “Would you like a piece of candy?” Oh god, did she just ask him if he wanted candy, she could really kick herself right now. He was a gown man and she offered something for children. How silly of her….
Kat
Kat

Back to top Go down

Post  EveryDayImShufflin Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:45 pm

Michael's eyes widened in joy at the candy bowl on her desk. "Yes!" He covered his mouth in embarrasment. "I-I mean...if it's okay with you..."
EveryDayImShufflin
EveryDayImShufflin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:35 pm

His loud announcement was a bit unexpected and then he sucked it back with a quiet reply made Olive giggle. Good thing he likes candy, she felt less of an idiot now. Perhaps he is more of a kid than she portrayed him to be. “Here take as much as you want.” Sliding the bowl in his direction Olive started to think of how adorable he was. Even if his height gave him a menacing appearance, once you trail up to the face all fear seems to dissipate instantly. His company wasn’t bad either. It gets pretty lonely in her office since only sick children come to visit her, though lately not many have shown up. Well Olive supposed that it was good to have healthy children in the school.
Mikey rummaged through the jar, gingerly picking out the ones he wants from the ones he doesn’t and while he did that Olive watched in a daze. She missed her son.
Kat
Kat

Back to top Go down

Post  EveryDayImShufflin Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:41 pm

Mikey looked back to Olive, escaping from the candy. "What's wrong?"" He looked up at her with concern as he noticed the sad look on her face.
EveryDayImShufflin
EveryDayImShufflin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:21 pm

Moments passed before Mikey’s question actually sunk in. Olive’s reflexes were very slow causing her to hesitate in her response. “Yeah, I was just thinking.” A smile tugged the ends of her lips to reassure her answer and the sad looks vanished. At least she hoped it did. Feelings were something she isn’t exactly fond of expressing. Sure she can help others with their own problems, sometimes they help her with hers’ but that doesn’t mean she likes it.

Her fingers managed to tangle themselves in her hair. Usually happens when she has nothing left to say, kinda the nervous way of saying: ‘hey what do you wannah do?’

After another tense silence Olive’s stomach decided to crash it with a loud growl. Pink tint rushed to her face along with a nervous laugh. “Wow noon already, would you like to grab some lunch. I think they have a special today in the teachers’ lounge, what do ya say?” Ugh why does she have to be such a weirdo, she sometimes wishes she could melt into the walls, away from the embarrassment.
Kat
Kat

Back to top Go down

Post  EveryDayImShufflin Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:44 am

Michael nodded. "Sure, sounds...great..." He liked the idea of food, he seemed to always be hungry, but he was nervous about the chance of him having to socialize. That department was never his fancy. His eye darted back to his arm, again testing out the newly repaired bone structure, trying to memorize it slightly in case they fell apart for a reason OTHER than being scared stiff.
EveryDayImShufflin
EveryDayImShufflin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kat Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:46 am

(please meet in lunch room under the group Monday Specials ^w^)
Kat
Kat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum